1. “Hard ears yuh won’t hear, own way you gine feel.”
Meaning: You should adhere to advice or you will end up feeling the negative effects.
2. “Cat luck ain dog luck.”
Meaning: Because something works for one person, doesn’t mean it will work for another.
3. “Every bush is a man.”
Meaning: Always be aware of what you say because people are always listening whether you realise it or not.
4. “De devil does find work fa idle hands.”
Meaning: People who have nothing to do generally find themselves in trouble.
5. “God don come, he’s send.”
Meaning: Help always comes when you need it and least expect it.
6. “If greedy wait, hot will cool.”
Meaning: Patience is important and will be rewarded.
7. “Evah pig got a Saturday.”
Meaning: Eventually everyone will have to pay for his actions.
8. “Don’t tek a six for a nine.”
Meaning: Try not to misjudge the true intentions of a person.
9. “Yuh got plaster fuh evah sore.”
Meaning: You have an excuse for every issue.
10. “Every fool got he sense.”
Meaning: Every person is good at something.